Friday, January 21, 2011

Just plain excited :)

It was amazing to sit down at my computer this morning with my first cup of coffee (after the usual "get up and get to school" routine with Bryce) to see that people have already gotten to work on their own eye masks! I only posted that pattern last night! I'm already getting excited to see how people modify the pattern for their own projects. I love free patterns - they are the basis for my creativity. I find ones I like, make the project according to the pattern, and then usually un-ravel the whole thing and make it with my own modifications. I use different stitches, different textures, different hook sizes, and anything else I can think of. I can't wait to see how other people interpret my first pattern.

Joe's still begging me to write the patterns for my Yo Gabba Gabba dolls and sell them.



I'm sure I eventually will. The problem is, I made those free-form and didn't keep any notes. I didn't count, I didn't even use a pattern as a basis. I guess I'm just going to have to make them again! I'm sure Bryce won't complain - he loves his "pals". His latest pal is Lowly the Worm from "The Busy World of Richard Scarry".


I guess I'd better get to crocheting and writing! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment